Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Be My Valentine, Four?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine, Four?


Veronica Roth, author of 'Divergent' is responsible for one of our favorite book boys, Four, also known as Tobias. I can't call him Tobias, though; I fell in love with his character while he was still Four and so Four he shall remain for me. He has dark hair and deep set blue eyes and stands over six foot tall. He wears all black, as all Dauntless do, has at least one tattoo and a deep, rumbling voice.  

"He has a spare upper lip and a full lower lip. His eyes are so deep-set that his eyelashes touch the skin under his eyebrows, and they are dark blue, a dreaming, sleeping, waiting color."~Veronica Roth ~Divergent

There are many things that make Four swoon-worthy in my opinion. He's smart and definitely dangerous, of course; but there's more than that, too. He's protective in a quiet way. And there's something about those quiet guys that you just want to rile them up.  He may not always seem approachable, but he does his best to help those he can. 

“Four wanders through the crowd of initiates, watching us as we go through the movements again. When he stops in front of me, my insides twist like someone is stirring them with a fork. He stares at me, his eyes following my body from my head to my feet, not lingering anywhere - a practical, scientific gaze. 
"You don't have much muscle", he says, "which means you're better off using your knees and elbows. You can put more power behind them." 
Suddenly he presses a hand to my stomach. His fingers are so long that, though the heel of his hand touches one side of my rib cage, his fingertips still touch the other side. My heart pounds so hard my chest hurts, and I stare at him, wide-eyed. 
"Never forget to keep tension here", he says in a quiet voice. ~Veronica Roth~Divergent

My idea of a perfect date is a nice evening in or out,  with dinner and conversation. I don't know how forthcoming Four would be, seeing as how he really does not encourage personal questions. But I could hope!  

“I have something I need to tell you," he says. I run my fingers along the tendons in his hands and look back at him. "I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though." 
"That's sensible of you," I say, smiling too. "We should find some paper so you can make a list or a chart or something." 
I feel his laughter against my side, his nose sliding along my jaw, his lips pressing my ear. 
"Maybe I'm already sure," he says, "and I just don't want to frighten you." 
I laugh a little. "Then you should know better." 
"Fine," he says. "Then I love you.”
 ~Veronica Roth~Divergent 

My pick for who should play Four in a movie is sooo easy -Max Irons! I think he's perfect!! 


Who is your Book Boyfriend?? Share here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!