Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: ReVamped by Ada Adams: Review

Friday, April 13, 2012

ReVamped by Ada Adams: Review

A simple mission turned deadly.

Nineteen-year-old vampire Dawn has led a sheltered life within the confines of her father’s presidential headquarters. Upon being sent on a mission to revamp four goofy misfits into guardians of a peaceful little town of Angel Creek, Dawn believes that all her dreams have finally come true. What starts off as a simple task, turns into something unexpected, changing Dawn’s life forever and leading the action-loving, thrill-seeking vampire teen on a path of mystery, danger and intrigue.

When a human girl is kidnapped by a group of rogue vamps, Dawn discovers that there is more going on in Angel Creek than meets the eye. And it all connects to Ethan, the cute newcomer who seems too perfect to be true, Sebastian, the mysterious vampire with a turbulent past, and even Dawn herself. Dawn must not only succeed in revamping the troubled recruits, but must also prevent the vampire race from being overtaken by a malevolent villain who has a strange and obsessive fascination with her. As threat escalates, romance blooms, and ghosts from her past begin to surface, Dawn is sure of only one thing: her life will never be the same. (Goodreads)



ReVamped is the first book in the Angel Creek series by debut author, Ada Adams. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised by this book. Honestly, I'm a bit over the vampire phase the world has been going through. But this is a completely new take on the vampire and I really did enjoy the originality.

The story is told from the point of view of our main character, a 19 year-old vampire, Dawn. She is a kickass heroine; determined, strong and compassionate. Dawn made me think a little of Rose Hathaway from Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. (Honestly, that is never a bad thing!)  I think if the two met, they would either be fiercely competitive, trying to prove which one was the better fighter, or they'd be best pals. It's really hard to say. I love Dawn's strength and her tenacity. As you follow the story, you learn you should never, ever count her out.

This book really has it all; a little something for everyone. Paranormal/supernatural beings, suspense, action, humor, a tiny bit of romance and some drama just to keep it interesting.  It's very well written; concise with no wasted words but at the same time, it's wonderfully descriptive. You're easily drawn into the imagery of  the little town with the diner and the beautiful gazebo in the square.

I really enjoyed this book, there was a wonderfully mismatched ragtag group of would be heroes and some great twists. I definitely didn't see them coming and I really cannot wait to read the next installment in this series!
My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel!

    Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review "ReVamped". I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the story. I also loved your interview questions! I will Tweet this out so others can stop by your blog and enter the giveaway. :)

    Believe it or not, I have yet to read the "VA" series. I know, where have I been?! I will get on it ASAP. I've heard great things!

    Best regards,
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Ada, thank YOU so very much for the opportunity to read your book! It was a pleasure! And yes, VA is fantastic! Rose & Dimitri's story is one of my favorites! :)
    ~Mel

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!