Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: 'Endure' by Carrie Jones: Review

Saturday, June 30, 2012

'Endure' by Carrie Jones: Review


Need Book #4 
Endure
By Carrie Jones
It’s all-out war (and no-holds-barred romance) in the climactic conclusion to Carrie Jones’s bestselling series.

Zara is at the center of an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Evil pixies are ravaging Bedford, and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends; she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king . . . (from Goodreads)


Endure is the fourth and final book in the Need series by Carrie Jones.  The story picks up right after we left Zara at the end of Entice. I cannot tell you how sad I am to see this wonderful series end. However, Endure was a phenomenal read and I loved how it all ended up in the finale.

I honestly don't have a single complaint with this book or the series, for that matter. Jones  expertly tells Zara's story with humor and heart. Action packed from beginning to end, Endure is also full of emotion, both happy and sad. It's so well told, the story just flies by. The twists were truly gasp-worthy, I almost threw my book across the room at one point I was so angry at one character. Can't say more than that, though, without giving too much away. 

Jones' characters are the glue that holds this story together and make it amazing. Issie and Betty are my two favorite semi-secondary characters in the story. They are so solidly on Zara's side regardless of what she is or what happens and I think that makes them priceless.  Also, Betty's spunk is the stuff of legends. Issie is invaluable as the lone completely human character who is right in the thick of the action. 

I have to admit that Astley completely won me over in this book. I was staunchly Team Nick before but Astley is just so good for Zara, in my opinion. He lets her be strong and is there to back her up without trying to change her or be over-protective of her. He simply supports her regardless of her choices and you have to love him for that.  Lastly, we have Zara. I adore her character and the growth she's endured since the beginning of the series. If you look back at Zara in Need and compare her to Zara in Endure, she's matured. Definitely, she has changed in some ways, but in her heart, who she really is is exactly the same. This makes me happier than anything else in this series has. It's very satisfying to see a beloved character go through the ringer and come out with her true self still intact. 

Endure is full of romance, action and heartbreak and is superbly written by Carrie Jones, as usual. It really is the perfect ending to this fantastic series. 

My Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!