Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Fat Chances by J.S. Wilsoncroft: Review

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fat Chances by J.S. Wilsoncroft: Review

Annie is a normal, overweight 18-year-old senior in high school, until she meets Cory, the sexy, super hot Zumba instructor that turns her life upside down. Plagued with extreme insecurity due to her excessive weight, Annie learns to love and to love herself. Through Cory, she learns that she is lovable.“Fat Chances” will warm your heart and reminds us all that it’s what’s in the heart, not on the body, that counts. (from Goodreads)

Fat Chances is a short, fast read by J.S. Wilsoncroft. I was approached by the author for a review and the synopsis caught my interest.  Annie, the main character is the narrator of the story. I have to say I tried hard to like Annie. However, she spent so much time feeling sorry for herself and being negative that it was nearly impossible. You feel sorry for her, yes, but you also want to shake her to get her head straight. 

I am a big girl. No doubt about it, I always have been. However, I learned to be ok with myself because I like who I am on the inside and my husband, family and friends  love me just the way I am.  I was a little peeved that Annie didn't really start to like herself until she lost a few pounds. It felt like she was still judging herself by her looks and what she appeared to be to the world. 

That being said, I liked the romance and the story of Annie and Cory's relationship as it finally got off the ground. I laughed a lot while reading this and enjoyed Wilsoncroft's writing style. I'll definitely be checking out her other books. 

My Rating: 

1 comment:

  1. Fat Chance sounds like a good read, but I hope while reading it I don't get too annoyed, I myself don't like a female that can be so down on herself and not see any bright things! I'll give it a shot! Thanks for honest review!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!