Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Friday Fever: "Protecting Truth" by Michelle Warren

Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Fever: "Protecting Truth" by Michelle Warren

Friday Fever is a weekly event hosted here at Girls *Heart* Books. Every Friday, we will showcase one of our favorite steamy and/or romantic scenes from the YA & New Adult universe. You know the ones we're talking about; those that get your pulse thumping and your temperature rising. Enjoy.

This week I'm ALL about Protecting Truth, the second book in the Seraphina Parrish trilogy by Michelle Warren. I can't help it, guys, really. You MUST read this book, I wouldn't steer you wrong. So here is a nice steamy scene that left me gasping. 




"Aren't you the one who told me to move on, Seraphina? What was it you said exactly? 'Find someone new,' I think it was." He drags me out a set of ornate doors and onto a veranda that overlooks a holographic city. Turner kicks the doors closed behind us. The party and music disappear, leaving us in silence.
"Uh!" I grunt and stomp away, but he latches onto my arm.
"No! We're having this out now! You aren't going anywhere!" He swings me back to face him. "Why don't you ask yourself why you're so jealous of her?"
"Jealous! I am not!" I scream. "You're out of your delusional mind!" I pull away.
But he isn't done with me. He pulls me back again. My body lands with my chest against his. Before I can react or even say another word, he crushes his lips into mine and kisses me. I struggle to get away, but he holds me there, letting his hungry fingers skim over my shoulders and down my back. His kisses are frantic, hot, and out of control. I lose my mind, because suddenly, I kiss him back.
All the tension that has built up between us explodes into fireworks. They sizzle through my veins, shooting throughout my body. The kiss, heated with passion, is the consequence of raw and careless emotional disturbance that's been building for months. His scorching lips work mine over. I reach into his dark hair and twine my fingers into its roots, pulling him closer, gasping for more.
Turner kisses the line of my collarbone and bare shoulders. In the frenzy, he lifts me from the floor and staggers backward. I land seated on a ledge and lock my legs around his hips. Then I grab his collar, jerk him closer, and vanish into absolute delirium. There's passion-so much more intense passion than I've ever felt before."

Phew! Don't know about you guys, but I love it! 

2 comments:

We love to hear from you!