Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Treasured Thursday: Most Treasured Contemporary Novel

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Treasured Thursday: Most Treasured Contemporary Novel


Treasured Thursday is a weekly event created by Touya over at The Reader's Garden that is all about our most treasured. We're hosting it here now, for those of you who are interested in joining me. This week our topic is our most treasured contemporary novel.  

I am actually a little stunned we haven't done this yet. I know most of us tend to lean toward the supernatural side of YA, but aren't there any fans of high school? ...Well, in books, anyway?

I'm a fan, obviously, and I've read a LOT. Almost as many as I have read in the paranormal area. That being said, the first one that springs to mind is The Karma Club by Jessica Brody.


Madison Kasparkova always thought she understood how Karma works. Do good things and you'll be rewarded, do something bad and Karma will make sure you get what you deserve.

But when Maddy's boyfriend cheats on her, nothing bad comes his way. That's why Maddy starts the Karma Club, to clean up the messes the universe has left behind. Sometimes, though, it isn't wise to meddle with the universe.

It turns out Karma often has plans of its own.

While "Beautiful Disaster" (Jamie McGuire) is probably my new favorite book of all time, I think I've blabbed enough about it (for the day.. ;) ) so I'll blab about THIS today! The Karma Club is just a quirky, yet honest book about karma (obviously) and Maddy learning SHE was not hired to be its advocate. Definitely my most treasured!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!