Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Treasured Thursdays: Most Treasured Male Heroes

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Treasured Thursdays: Most Treasured Male Heroes

Treasured Thursday is a weekly event created by Touya over at The Reader's Garden that is all about our most treasured. We're hosting it here now, for those of you who are interested in joining me. This week our topic is our most treasured male heroes.  

This was a very easy choice for me. There is one hero who captured my attention and held it from the first moment I encountered him; Percy Jackson from Rick Riordan's Olympians series'.  He is, in my opinion, that perfect combination of funny, sweet and brave that makes it impossible to dislike him. My favorite thing about him, though is his unwavering loyalty to those he loves. He will walk through fire, go to hell and back to help someone in need. I adore him and I am eagerly awaiting the last installment of Riordan's Heroes of Olympus series, The Mark of Athena, due out next month! 








I had a couple people to choose from when I was considering choices, here. While a male protagonist is sometimes hard to find, they are all quite enjoyable. But honestly, my most treasured is probably Vladimir Tod, from Heather Brewer's Eighth Grade Bites. Vlad is a clever little twit, who very much embodies the male attitude (props to Heather, for not making Vlad sound like a girl), and gives us a new spin on vampires. I really love Vlad, and I can't wait to continue with Brewer's series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!