Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Treasured Thursdays: Most Treasured Anthologies

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Treasured Thursdays: Most Treasured Anthologies


Treasured Thursday is a weekly event created by Touya over at The Reader's Garden that is all about our most treasured. We're hosting it here now, for those of you who are interested in joining me. This week our topic is our most treasured anthologies.

Anthologies are one of my favorite types of books-- With so many different stories by so many different authors, it's near impossible I won't find at least one style of writing I don't like. I have several on my shelf, and on my Kindle, and I have not grown bored.

That being said, choosing a "favorite" or "most treasured" may sound like it would be difficult for me. But in all honesty, this is probably the easiest Treasured Thursdays I could ever come up with.



This book, Dear Bully, has got to be one of the most heart-wrenching and powerful books I have EVER read. 70 authors, 70 stories, straight from the heart of a topic I am very passionate about-- bullying. Victims, perpetrators, observers... You get their story.

I can't even tell you how many times I cried during this book. I can't express how my respect for these seventy people just grew with words, because I simply don't have them. This book really hit home at some times, and I probably won't ever find a book--anthology or no--that I treasure more.

This is my most treasured, what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!