Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Friday Fever: Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Fever: Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Friday Fever is a weekly event hosted here at Girls *Heart* Books. Every Friday, we will showcase one of our favorite steamy and/or romantic scenes. You know the ones we're talking about; those that get your pulse thumping and your temperature rising. Enjoy.

This week I decided to share an intriguing and steamy scene from one of my new favorite books; Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter. I loved this book so much (I'll be posting my review very soon) and for now I will leave you with this lovely scene. 

The moment our eyes met,  the moisture in my mouth dried up and I lost focus of my surroundings. He was all that I could see, all that I wanted to see. And in the span of a single second we were no longer across the hall from each other-we were pressed together, his arms wrapped around me, my arms wrapped around him, and we were kissing. Miracle of miracles, he was five inches taller than me, practically dwarfing me. I loved it! And oh glory, I loved what we were doing...
I had never been kissed before, but his tongue was definitely in my mouth, and my tongue was definitely in his, and we were practically eating each other's faces.
"Ali," he breathed as he drew me closer, squeezed me tighter.
"Cole," I breathed back. I couldn't get enough of him and never wanted to stop. He was so warm. So very warm, when I'd been so cold all summer. No matter how many blankets I'd piled on top of me, I'd been cold. I wanted to stay here, just like this, forever.
My fingers tangled in his hair, knocking off his cap. He angled his head, taking my mouth deeper, harder. 
"You taste good," he rasped. He smelled of sandalwood and something fruity, like a strawberry lollipop just freed from its wrapper.
"Talk later. Kiss now-"



Whoo boy I love that scene! Intrigued? I know I was! Don't miss out on this great read, guys! 

1 comment:

We love to hear from you!