Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Most Anticipated Books of 2013

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Most Anticipated Books of 2013

Happy New Years to all of our readers! We decided to kick off 2013 the right way, by telling you all about the books we're dying to get our hands on in the coming year. Fyi, these aren't in any particular order. Enjoy! 


Through the Ever Night

Under the Never Sky Book #2 
By Veronica Rossi
Expected Publication Date: January 8th

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?


Anyone who read Under the Never Sky knows exactly how much I NEED to find out what happens next with Aria and Perry. I'm pre-ordering my copy of Through the Ever Night today. 



Dare You To

Pushing the Limits Book #2 
By Katie McGarry
Expected Publication Date: May 28th

"I dare you..."

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....
Katie McGarry really blew me away with Pushing the Limits. So when I heard there was a book two, I was very excited. Then I found out Dare You To would be telling Beth's story and I was intrigued. Beth wasn't my favorite character in Pushing the Limits, but you could definitely see there was a history there that made her the prickly person she's become. I can't wait to find out more about her. 



Clockwork Princess

The Infernal Devices Book #3 
By Cassandra Clare
Expected Publication Date: March 13th

If the only way to save the world was to destroy what you loved most, would you do it?

The clock is ticking. Everyone must choose.

Passion. Power. Secrets. Enchantment.

Danger closes in around the Shadowhunters in the final installment of the bestselling Infernal Devices trilogy.

Honestly, there aren't  strong enough words to describe how desperate I am to read this book. It's exciting but sad at the same time since this will be the end of Jem, Will & Tessa's story. I love this series even more than I do the Mortal Instruments. It has held me completely enthralled since the first line of Clockwork Angel and I am dying to know how things end up for my favorite group of Cassandra Clare characters. 


Honestly, I think Mel and I are absolutely insane for taking on these Top "#" books- This took me days to figure out. Like Mel, I could've gone on for miles about books I am dying to read. But I shall keep it to 3-- I doubt you all want to hear my list anyway. Ha. 



Walking Disaster
Beautiful #2 

By Jamie McGuire
Expected Publication Date: April 16th


How much is too much to love?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.
In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. Just when he thought he was invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.
Every story has two sides. In Jamie McGuire's New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster Abby had her say. Now it's time to see the story through Travis's eyes.

...I am not kidding I am counting the days at this point (105 days, for anyone who is having issues.. *long sigh*). I love love LOOOOOOVVVEEEDDD Beautiful Disaster, and I loved Travis (and yes, crazies, I think he was one of the most realistic male leads I have read about this year), so I am waiting with bated breath for this. *stares at*




The Program
Program #1 
By Suzanne Young
Expected Publication Date: April 30th

In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.

I've never read anything by Suzanne Young before, but I love the idea behind this. It could be my need to feed my paranoia of life that I crave these dystopians, but who cares of my reasoning. I am having some serious Crazy Cravings and cannot wait to dig into this one!


Nobody But Us
By Kristin Halbrook
Expected Publication Date: January 29th

Bonnie and Clyde meets IF I STAY in this addictively heart-wrenching story of two desperate teenagers on the run from their pasts.

They're young. They're in love. They're on the run.

Zoe wants to save Will as much as Will wants to save Zoe. When Will turns eighteen, they decide to run away together. But they never expected to be so fraught with danger....

When the whole world is after you, sometimes it seems like you can't run fast enough.

Nobody But Us, told in alternating perspectives from Will and Zoe, is an unflinching novel, in turns heartbreaking and hopeful, about survival, choices, and love...and how having love doesn't always mean that you get a happy ending. Described as "beautiful, heartbreaking and exhilarating" by Kody Keplinger, author of The DUFF, Nobody But Us will prove irresistible to fans of Nina Lacour, Jenny Han, and Sara Zarr.

This sounds promising to me. Again, never read anything by the author, but I see she compares herself to Sara Zarr, who has been in my TBR pile for quite some time. I am very excited to try Halbrook's story out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!