Color Blind # 1
Genre- YA paranormal
By- Penny Miller
All her life Harmony Phillips has felt defective. Growing up in a paranormal community where magikal abilities come from the wavelengths of color, a color blind girl is worthless, and they haven't let her forget it. No one but her adoptive parents, Charlie a Were-Lion and Sarah a Witch, along with her best friend Tesch, a Siren, have ever given her an ounce of esteem. When a fit of outrage unlocks the color yellow to her eyes, Harmony passes out cold with shock over her eggs and accidentally glamours her nemesis Challen Parks into a cowardly golden retriever. As other colors unfold before her eyes, so do new abilities. Love and friendship get turned upside down as Harmony struggles to have faith in people, discovering they are not always as they seem. The misfit becomes the outlaw as she is once again different from everyone else. What began as joy turns to peril when the paranormal Council finds out she is more than a Witch, or a Were or a Fae... oh my.
For lots of fun games, q & a with the author and prizes head to the Facebook Party Event!
Penny Miller’s Top 5 Favorite Desserts
YUMMY! This is going to be hard. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Because there are some really awesome confections out there that rock my world. I can tell you I don’t care for Lemon or lime anything. I can tell you I have a long standing, perpetual love affair with anything chocolate.So I will try for most memorable desserts.
- My Aunt Geraldine’s Mississippi Mud Cake. Basically, it’s a brownie with pecans covered in melted marshmallows and a chocolate drizzle over the top, and you eat it warm. It is my favorite thing. She always makes me one when I come to visit. And I would eat the whole damn pan if it wasn’t so rich that I’d throw up before I could finish.
- Momma’s Christmas Carrot Cake. She makes it from scratch, Grates the carrots herself, adds fresh pineapples and home shelled pecans. But the to die for part is the cream cheese icing, She decorates it with green and red maraschino cherries and pecan halves. Instant on the lips, forever on the hips. Which mean its more fattening than bacon but tastes like heaven on a plate.
- Old Fashioned Pecan Pie. Have you found a theme here yet? I like pecans.
- Cheesecake- any kind except lemon. But my favorite cheesecake is of course, Turtle Cheesecake with chocolate and nuts.
- But the best dessert ever; I actually embarrassed myself in front of my husband and the entire Chile’s crowd when I declared loudly, “Oh my God that’s an orgasm on a plate!”- Chile’s White Chocolate Molten Lava Cake. This is white cake, still warm with a white ice cream center placed in the center of a raspberry sauce and a white chocolate ganache poured over the top. Sadly (or thankfully for my ass, depending on the view), they don’t carry it anymore. So, I am no longer a Chile’s patron. It was the only thing on their menu I truly LOVED that I couldn’t get somewhere else.
About the Author-
Penny Miller is a born and bred Oklahoman. She has a nursing degree from Eastern Penny Miller Oklahoma State College and is a Registered Nurse in addition to being an author. Penny wrote her first short story complete with illustrations when she was seven-years-old and has been writing ideas and bits of dialogue ever since. As a child, her mother regularly read to her classic faery tales. It was those stories that ignited her imagination and attraction to the magical and whimsical. With her three children Robert, Amy and Cheyenne, she carried on the tradition of introducing them to fantasy and other worlds through stories. Three years ago, she co-authored erotic romance e-books under the pseudonym Jp Archer. At that time her daughters asked her when she was going to write stories they could read. Penny went to her keyboard and dug in and her debut solo novel, Color Blind, was born. Most importantly, creating a story in the Young
Adult/Paranormal genre is where she found her true voice as a writer. She hopes readers will become fans of her heroine Harmony Phillips and follow her story through the next phases; Colorful and Colorless.
Social media links-