Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Author Appreciation Day 1: Happy Birthday, Carrie Jones!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Author Appreciation Day 1: Happy Birthday, Carrie Jones!


So Haley over at Ya-Aholic Reviews had this wonderful idea to have an Author Appreciation Month and I thought that sounded fabulous so I decided we would do it as well! Now, who better to kick it off than the lovely, hilarious, kind & oh so talented birthday girl, Carrie Jones! I think everyone who reads this blog knows how much I adore Carrie & her work..but I will remind you of why anyway! :) 

Carrie Jones

I stumbled upon Carrie Jones' Need series during a store closing sale at a local Borders. (Ah, Borders, I miss you!)  I remember I was sitting on the floor in front of a shelf in the young adult section looking at all the lovely books I wanted and trying to figure out how I could convince my husband that I NEEDED all of them  when I saw the cover for Need. Glitter always catches my eye AND it was gold, so that really caught me. Then I read the synopsis and on the pile it went!  For those of you who don't know, Need is about some seriously evil (and some ok ones, too) pixies. You MUST read these books as they are fantastic and funny and I really do love them. 

If I had to pick just one reason to love Carrie Jones' writing, I would have to say her characters. They are so well written. You want to hang out with them at your house and keep them around forever! My favorite character of hers, hands down is Zara's grandmother, Betty from the Need series. She is unflappable and hilarious and loving, no matter what. Carrie brings her characters to life with such flair, it makes reading her books a pleasure you want to indulge in over and over and over again. 


FYI, the final book in the Need series, Endure-comes out in May!! Be on the lookout!! I know I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!