Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Author Appreciation Day 15: The Genius, Jay Asher

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Author Appreciation Day 15: The Genius, Jay Asher


Author Appreciation Day 15 going to the genius, Jay Asher! 


Jay Asher is the author of #1 New York Times best seller, Thirteen Reasons Why, and co-wrote The Future of Us with Carolyn Mackler.

Wow, can't believe the month is almost over, huh, guys? The year is going by too quickly. I haven't even been to a bookstore this year; how wrong is THAT?

I've already decided, I shall be picking up The Future of Us next Saturday; currently the scheduled date for when I shall be going to Barnes and Noble. Very excited!


The Future of Us is Mr. Asher's second novel, set in 1996, and in some way or another, two teenagers, Josh and Emma, discover their Facebook pages from twenty years in the future. For anyone who has a Facebook (and who like Mel's Book Blog there), you would know that these kids now knew who they would marry, who their kids would be, friends, blocks, etc. etc. But knowing your future changes it.

I am very much looking forward to this book! It is a new idea I haven't seen before, and from the little snippet Jay told us about when I went to his book signing in Boulder, it seems like it's going to be a very amazing novel! I can't wait 'til Saturday!


Thirteen Reasons Why was Jay's first novel (which scared him from trying to write again; thank you Carolyn, for shaking him from writers-panic!) was recommended to me by a friend of mine. It is the story of Hannah Baker, a girl who killed herself. She left 7 cassette tapes, with thirteen messages to thirteen people about why she killed herself.

Clay Jensen is one of the reasons, and he is also the narrator of the story. The story is heartbreaking, and if I am going to be honest, it definitely gave me a new opinion on life, a new way of looking at people, a new perspective. I would recommend this book to anyone, and I am so very glad that Jay spent those thirteen years (that is not a typo) trying to get it published.

I am unaware of Jay's further writing plans, but I can't wait to read more from him!

Thank you, Jay. :]



2 comments:

  1. I have both of these books on my to read pile lol :) Great post, Lana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read The Future of Us! Thirteen Reasons Why was an amazing book and it's starting to fall apart because i've loaned it to so many friends (who all also loved it)! I need to buy a new copy.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!