Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Interview: Inara Scott

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Interview: Inara Scott

The wonderfully talented Inara Scott was sweet enough to answer a few questions for us & seeing as how she is our spotlight for today's Author Appreciation post, I thought I'd share it with you guys!





1-What is your favorite part of being a writer?

Inara: You know that happy, squishy, excited feeling you get when you read a great book? Or the way you can't stop grinning when your favorite couple gets their happily ever after? Or the little tingle you get in your stomach when the hero does something painfully sexy? I feel that way when I'm writing--at least, when the writing is going well. LOL! Sometimes writing can be really difficult, but I always feel privileged to get to live in my imagination and create magical worlds. I wouldn't do it if it didn't give me a lot of joy.


2-How much of yourself do you see reflected in your characters?

Inara: I think there's pieces of me in every character I write. I'm sort of like a method actor, only a method writer--I live through the emotions my characters experience, and then try to capture them on the page. So, of course, everything I write is reflected through my world view and life experiences. BUT, that said, my characters are all very different from me, too. For example, I had a really happy childhood with two great parents. All the characters I create with tortured pasts really are different from me; I just try to use the dark places in my head to get a glimpse of what their lives might have been like.


3-What are you reading right now?

Inara: A fantastic contemporary romance by Kristan Higgins (Until There Was You).


4-As a child, who was your favorite author?

Inara: Definitely Anne McCaffrey. She wrote the greatest fantasy/sci-fi series of all times (if you ask me!) -- the Dragonriders of Pern. The first book in that series, Dragonflight, remains my absolute favorite book.


5-If you could spend one day with any literary character who would it be and why?
Inara: I should say something literate and intelligent, but instead I'll be honest and say Anthony Mallory from Johanna Lindsey's book Tender Rebel. I just want to experience that level of sexiness. Then I can die happy. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!