Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling: Review

Friday, July 27, 2012

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling: Review


The war against Voldemort is not going well; even the Muggle governments are noticing. Ron scans the obituary pages of the Daily Prophet, looking for familiar names. Dumbledore is absent from Hogwarts for long stretches of time, and the Order of the Phoenix has already suffered losses.

And yet . . .

As with all wars, life goes on. Sixth-year students learn to Apparate—and lose a few eyebrows in the process. Teenagers flirt and fight and fall in love. Classes are never straightforward, though Harry receives some extraordinary help from the mysterious Half-Blood Prince.

So it's the home front that takes center stage in the multilayered sixth installment of the story of Harry Potter. Here at Hogwarts, Harry will search for the full and complex story of the boy who became Lord Voldemort—and thereby find what may be his only vulnerability. (from Goodreads)




This series is so sporadic with quality it astounds me. There is no real middle ground; I either love, or I hate the book, and I can say for Half-Blood Prince, it's the former.

This book is amazing. It has suspense, and romance, and humor, and heart-break, and even with everything going on I wasn't bored! There wasn't a moment where I was waving my hand and huffing because two [or more] characters were taking a billion years to figure out the obvious, nor were there spots where I was growling at the characters for being idiots.  

Also, without spoiling anything, I'm gonna hint real quick here...You all should know by now how much I love love-stories that have been budding and growing for YEARS (years, people, YEARS!). And we see that here... And this makes me very happy. :3

All in all I REALLY enjoyed this installment in the series, and I'm very much hoping the next one (the final book) won't disappoint.. I like to end on a bang.

My Rating:




Now, I couldn't have liked this movie that much (and neither did my family, for that matter) considering we don't own it. Whoops. So I'm going on memory with this review, so hang with me, guys...


...um. In all honesty, everything I read from book six, I don't remember seeing the movie. Some things seemed familiar, but that was the extent. This bothers me... Main points are brushed aside, and look flat-out wrong (*cough* aforementioned love-story*cough*), characters are forgotten, points are dulled, I just... This gives me a headache, readers, seriously.


I don't know why I let Mel talk me into this; I used to love the movies! And now, so far, I approve of two, hate two, can separate ONE and then, there's this... I have tainted my favorite movies... Though, I suppose that's not on Mel or the books, but on the directors, now, isn't it? 


*sigh* I am genuinely scared of how my opinion is going to drop when I finish book 7... For book 6, here, I'm not as disappointed as I was for the previous film (or book 3....will. not. let. this. go.), so...


My Rating:



1 comment:

  1. It's really hard to separate the movie once you've fallen in love with the book.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!