Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Treasured Thursdays: Harry Potter Style Part 4

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Treasured Thursdays: Harry Potter Style Part 4

Treasured Thursday is a weekly event created by Touya over at The Reader's Garden that is all about our most treasured. I'm hosting it here now, for those of you who are interested in joining me. This month, as you all know by now, we are ALL about Harry Potter, so we decided to focus on HP specific topics. This week we're talking about (as weird as this is going to sound) our most treasured Death Eaters. Come on, you all know, everyone has at least one Death Eater they have a soft spot for. Here are ours. 


For me, this was simple and honestly, I'm surprised I'm the only one who made this choice. My most treasured Death Eater is..



That's right people. Severus Snape. I have to admit, I spent a good portion of the series loathing his character but once you know his back story, that changes things slightly. Who here has never made a bad choice? Never wanted to take something they've done back? I know I have. Snape lived his mistake every day. And while I didn't like the way he treated Harry, I understand it better now. I can't imagine how confusing that must have been for Snape. I can't say more, obviously because we don't do spoilers. But I will say this, he is probably the character with the most depth in the entire series. And he was perfectly portrayed by Alan Rickman. He simply IS Severus Snape. In my opinion, Severus Snape is one of the greatest characters ever written. 















Be real, people, there are no 100% Death Eaters that we all truly LIKE. They are all a bunch of evil people, for God's sake! No one sides with them, and not one of us were crying if they died. And if you are, well… Let me know who, otherwise I’ll just be hiding now.

But! With that very ranty thing, I have to say, this one? This one I LIKED.





Bellatrix Lestrange.. 

Now, heh, I realize she’s killed off my favorite character ever (I won’t say in case you haven’t seen the movies but… Yeah, get off the computer and go WATCH IT. Urgh.) and has caused more heartbreak than one person can handle, but come ON guys… The poor girl is brainwashed! 

Honestly, I find her story a bit sad. She is so helplessly and utterly in love with Voldemort (guess this really proves looks don’t matter, eh?) and I’m really not sure she truly and fully understands he would kill her in an instant to get his way. And though I usually detest females who are THIS obsessed with a guy, I actually like how this was done. It’s not like Voldemort pretended to love her back because he has mental issues, he just treated her like a good pet kitty and called it a day (at least in the movies, haven’t gotten that far yet!)

Bellatrix, while batshit and evil as they come, would definitely be someone I do treasure… Even if that makes me weird… Especially because I cheered when it was all over… *blinks* Ah, well. I loved it all the same!




Narcissa Malfoy; hands down! She is more active in the books than the movies but when she is in the movies it is almost always about Draco. Hate the Death Eaters and even the Malfoys all you want but, she is a mother first and foremost and I LOVE that about her! Her protectiveness of her son is what makes her so special to me. She defies Voldemort to find Draco, it’s exactly what I would have done. I can’t say more without letting loose some spoilers and we can’t have that. She’s my pick, enough said!
These are our most treasured, tell us about yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!