Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Indie Authors Month: 'Touching Smoke' by Airicka Phoenix: Review & Author Interview

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Indie Authors Month: 'Touching Smoke' by Airicka Phoenix: Review & Author Interview


Secrets...

Fallon has one. She doesn’t know it, but it will kill her... if she’s caught.

Love...

Isaiah. Her soul mate. Made especially for her. Created especially for her. Designed to be everything she would ever need. But loving him will destroy her.

Betrayal...

Willing to die for her, kill for her, Isaiah must first save her from the monster chasing them — the man that had created them to annihilate the world.

What would you risk for love?

Touching Smoke is the first book in the Touch series by Airicka Phoenix. I read this book as part of Indie Author Month hosted by the lovely Jo-Anne from Jo-Anne's Reviews. As soon as I read the synopsis, I was intrigued. 

Touching Smoke is chock full of twists, action and suspense with some romantic tension thrown in there for good measure, as well.  I can honestly say I had NO earthly idea what would happen next.  I enjoyed the story very much, even though the characters did remind me of others in the ya paranormal genre. 

 I  would recommend this book to anyone who loves romantic suspense. 


My Rating: 


And now here is our interview with Airicka Phoenix:


*Hi Airicka! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat with us! 
It is completely my pleasure. Thank you so much for having me! 
* Can you tell us a little about yourself? 
I’m the mother of four. I always say that first because that’s the one and only important thing in my life. My writing and reading come a close second. I am the author of the Touch Series. Touching Smoke is already out and Touching Eternity will be out in Dec. I’m an avid writer/reader and friend maker. I love talking with people, getting to know them. I think it’s one of the upsides to social networking. I love chocolate. Huge fan. I also create covers, banners and anything that can be made via Photoshop. I’m kind of an addict and do this on the side. 
*Did you always want to be an author? 
No! I wanted to be an archaeologist, but I learned quickly I hated dead things and spiders. 
*Do you have any advice for aspiring authors? 
The worst crime you could ever committee against yourself is giving up. 
*Do you ever get stuck while writing? If so, what do you do to push through it? 
I should knock on wood, but I don’t get stuck. The story is so deeply embedded into my brain that I have to actually hurry to get it all out so I don’t forget. 

*If you could spend the day with any literary character, who would you choose and what would you like to do with them?
I think I would love a day with Garrison, the villain in The Touch Series. I know I wrote him and know absolutely everything about him, but I think if I could just meet him face-to-face I can really get into his head. He’s such a complex character with so many layers. I would love to have an actual conversation with him. 
*Lana and I both have an obsession with really good cheesecake; is there a dessert you can’t turn down? 
Pineapple cheesecake. It is food from the Gods. It’s sugarless and low fat and… omg. Ugh. I’m drooling now. Thanks. LOL. 
*If you could only recommend one book to us, which one would you choose? 
How long do you have?! And only one is really impossible. *4hrs later…* It would be a tossup between The Hunger Games and Touching Smoke (is that wrong? Lol). 
*Can you tell us what comes next for you? 
I’ll be releasing a new series in Feb/March 2013. It will be book 1 of The Hunter Series. Readers can expect a lot of danger, action and steamy romance. My Hunter Series is intense, it’s Buffy meets Anita Blake. It’s very butt-kicking, fun and fast paced. 
Thank you guys so much for having me. I had so much fun answering your questions and visiting your blog. I hope to see you guys again soon! <3


And now a sneak peak at Airicka Phoenix's next book, the prequel to Touching Smoke

What would you choose?
She had everything but freedom.
He had nothing but his loyalty, his wits and his training.
She was a prisoner, a disease, not fit for the world, and she didn't know why. But she did know she wasn't allowed to die, she wasn't allowed to live and she wasn’t sane.
He was a soldier, a protector, but his foundation will be tested when he must destroy the only light in his dark world.
Thrown together, prisoner and keeper, their rebellion will splinter through time, changing the course of history and the fate of the world. Their love will challenge their greatest enemy and immortalize them forever.
Loyalty. Freedom. Love.
What would you risk?
"Let me die."
Pain darkened his eyes. "Never."
Airicka Phoenix is the author of TOUCHING SMOKE (Touch Book #1), TOUCHING ETERNITY (Touch 1.5), TORRID, a short story as part of the Whispered Beginnings: A Clever Fiction Anthology and WANTING & INTENTIONS, two stories as part of the Midnight Surrender Anthology. When she's not hammering away at the keyboard, she can be found banishing pirates or crawling through the attic looking for lost treasure with her kids. She loves baking, gardening and reading. She also likes to travel and take pictures of everything she comes across. When asked, Airicka describes herself as a sarcastic basket case that has an unhealthy addiction to chocolate, old movies and really bad jokes. She loves to laugh, make friends and write. If she could have one wish granted, it would be to spend one day as a fly-on-the-wall inside Stephen King's mind. If she could have two wishes granted, she would ask for a castle dedicated entirely to her overwhelming collection of books.

For more about Airicka, also on how to win giveaways, read author interviews and reviews, visit her website.

You can add Airicka on any/all of her social networks. Making new friends is the highlight of her day!


Follow Airicka Phoenix: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!