Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

Losing It
By Cora Carmack
Published October 15th, 2012
Self Published

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and as simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

I decided to read Carmack's novel for a few reasons-- One, I need a little human-drama amongst the insane amount of paranormal goodness I've been reading lately. Two, a friend of mine was reading it, and when I saw the update on her Goodreads, I was immediately drawn to the cover (I mean, really, look at that! Hot and not obscenely graphic and ohhh, I love it). And three, I need a little romance every once and a while... Which reminds me--

This is a NEW ADULT BOOK with SEXUAL CONTENT. If you do not like these matters, please move along.

Anyway, back to business. I was instantly intrigued by the summary and immediately snatched it up, pushing aside everything else (well, almost) and starting this one up. I have to say, I am extremely impressed.

Not only does this book have deliciously wonderful romance scenes (ayyy), it is riddled with quick wit and hilarity that not even Comedy Central could top, along with tear-jerking moments and a cutie with an accent. Oh yeah, it is the works. It is so bluntly real. It is officially on my favorites list. I rarely see such realistic fiction with my current selections these days, and this was everything I've been craving! And even though book two doesn't center around Garrick (good sweet bippy *queue the drooling*) and Bliss (who is creepily like myself at some points...), I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more. 

Ms. Carmack, you officially have a new stalker. :3

My Rating:


Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working at Target), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend out of it. Awkward people need love, too. Her first book, LOSING IT, releases October 16th.

4 comments:

  1. Well, it's so nice to have a break from all the serious stuff, and enjoy some light romance!
    i love the idea of such books, and this one is right up my alley!
    GREAT review, lana!
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a FANTASTIC book, Soma! Trust me, you will love it. Just enough drama to ease off the fluff but nothing too heavy. :) Give it a go!
      Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. Lana, I'm glad you loved it as much as me =D
    Just like I said to you on goodreads, Garrick is just perfect <3
    Can't wait to read Cade's story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes I adore this book! I need a paperback for my shelves.. Hopefully she starts printing those soon, hehe.
      Isn't he?! Omg he has ruined men even more, I want one.. lol <3
      Me neither! *sits patiently in a corner, tapping my foot*

      Delete

We love to hear from you!