Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Lola James Tour: Extended Excerpt

Monday, January 21, 2013

Lola James Tour: Extended Excerpt



Fate’s Design
Fate’s Series Book 1 
 By Lola James  
Published By: LJ Publishing 
Publication Date: 03/25/12

During a summer trip to Italy, a teenage girl falls in love and is pulled into the world of vampires, witches, and magical powers. As she becomes more deeply entrenched, her nightmares begin to make sense, and the girl realizes that she’s been part of this new world since birth.

Buy Fate's Design


A Villain’s Fate
Fate’s Series Prequel 
 By Lola James 
Published By: LJ Publishing 
Publication Date: 10/23/12

Does good always prevail over evil? What happens when the villain triumphs?
You have A Villain's Fate. This is a short (prequel) that can be read before or after Fate's Design.

Buy A Villain's Fate:



And now a Never Before seen Excerpt!

“Alexandros,” I said in my most alluring voice as I walked over to join him on the couch. I dropped the linen blazer I had on, leaving my pink tank top and jeans as he turned and looked at me as if his curiosity was piqued by the change in my voice. 

“Megan, is everything all right?” Alex asked, closing his laptop.

I sat next to him and pressed my body against his as I purred.

“I’m fine.” I slid my hand on his knee before moving higher.

His hand met mine at the top of his thigh. I leaned forward and brushed my lips on his cheek. Then he turned to let his lips meet mine. We were instantly engulfed in one another. As I climbed on top of him, he began to slide the strap of my tank top down my arm. My body trembled with excitement as we both moaned with pleasure. When both straps hung on my arm he slowly slipped it over my head and dropped it to the floor. Alex kissed the top of my breasts that poked out the top of my strapless bra, then paused to look up at me.

“Are you sure this is what you want?” he whispered.

I was so caught up in the moment I couldn’t even speak, so I just nodded as I began to unbutton his shirt. When I got to the last button, the unthinkable happened—Alex’s phone rang.

“No,” I whispered, kissing him again.

The phone stopped ringing as he laid me down on the couch. I got excited when he kissed my belly button. He unbuttoned my jeans and caressed my legs. Then the phone rang again. His eyes strayed from the hot pink panties under my jeans.

“I have to, love,” Alex insisted, grabbing the phone.

I sighed in frustration, watching him stand up to take the call. While he talked, he glanced at me with a perplexed look on his face. I sat up as he left the room. I grabbed my blouse, went to my own room, and slammed the door to make a point. Less than a minute later, there was a knock at my door.

“Come in!” I huffed.

Alex opened the door slowly and stepped into the room. “I just wanted to say goodnight, love,” he said from the doorway.

“Sure, goodnight,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“I am truly sorry. I know that you are upset by your tone of voice, and I will make this up to you,” he said. He turned to leave with his head hanging down.

I relented. “I am not upset with you. I understand that you had to take it. People don’t call back-to-back unless it’s an emergency,” I said as I looked down at the floor.

“Yes, you are right, love. It was a bit of an emergency. I have to leave earlier than I thought,” Alex said as he came back into the room.

“When do you have to go?” I asked, my eyes meeting his.

“Redmond will be at the airport shortly with the jet. But I want you to rest now. I will see you when I return.”

I stood up. “I’m coming with you, at least to the airport.”

“Very well, love; we will leave shortly.” Alex touched my shoulder and then walked away from me and out of the room immediately.

I felt confused and rejected. Again. For the second time tonight. Dammit! How could he go so cold so quickly? Maybe my feeling about him and us was wrong—but it felt right!

We left for the airport around midnight. I wanted to meet the elusive Redmond, Master-of-Moment-Ruination. I climbed into the back seat of the Benz and sat next to Alex. We held hands as we rode to the airport. He mumbled something about being gone for two days, but I didn’t care: my feelings were hurt and I questioned my own feelings for him at this moment.

Lola James has been reading romance novels since her teens, and fell in love with the paranormal after discovering Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. Her love of the dark worlds of vampires and witches, as well as her fascination with Greek mythology led her to create the Spellbound Series, an ongoing Paranormal Romance combining all of the above into tales of suspense with a little bit of humor in an Urban Fantasy setting. 

A long time lover of reading and writing with a passion for a great story, James became discouraged by the complicated and arbitrary publishing process, James had initially set down her laptop and her hopes of being a writer. However, with the purchase of her first e-reader, James became re-energized by the new possibilities for an undiscovered author to reach the masses. Dusting off her keyboard she finally finished Bound to Remember, the first book of the Spellbound Series and self-published it. Energized and ambitious, James is now hard at work on both the Spellbound Series as well as the Fate Series, a paranormal romance about dreams and what happens if they come true.
Living in Southern California with her two beautiful children, James finds time to write in between her full-time job as a mother as well as her other full-time job as an HR manager, as well as her academic schedule as she studies for her Master’s degree which she hopes to complete in 2013. With the success of Bound to Remember, James hopes to continue to reach an audience that will allow her to leave her HR job and focus on her writing as a full time career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!