Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: I heart you, You haunt me by Lisa Schroeder: Review

Friday, April 20, 2012

I heart you, You haunt me by Lisa Schroeder: Review

Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back...

...sort of.


Ava can't see him or touch him, 
unless she's dreaming. 
She can't hear his voice, 
except for the faint whispers in her mind. 
Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson. 
The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. 
He's back from the dead, 
as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

...

I heart you, You haunt me is a stand alone novel by Lisa Schroeder. Now, I'm a verse fan, and I know some people dislike it (though I honestly don't understand why), but I would recommend this to anyone; verse-hater or not.

The story is told from the perspective of Ava Bender, who lost her boyfriend, Jackson, to a dare made for just-some-fun. The survivors guilt actually jumps off the page and hits you in the nose, and I found myself tearing-up a lot. 

While Jackson's ghost does come to see Ava, it isn't really a paranormal story at all. There's no explanation of how he's there, even if there is a why, though I won't tell you that as to not ruin the story. At one point, Ava was getting angered by Jackson, and even though he really wasn't doing anything wrong, the book is written well enough that I actually got mad at Jackson, too...and then kicked myself for it later, but I digress. 

Ava's friends were a little flat, I must say. They weren't the main-focus of this story, of course, but they were a little lost on me. Other than that, though, it is definitely a wonderful love story that is one of my favorites on my shelf, and I definitely recommend you all give it a try!

My Rating:





2 comments:

  1. This one is on my to be read list already and I think I may have to move it up! Great review Lana!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!