Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Treasured Thursdays: Harry Potter Style Part 1

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Treasured Thursdays: Harry Potter Style Part 1


Treasured Thursday is a weekly event created by Touya over at The Reader's Garden that is all about our most treasured. I'm hosting it here now, for those of you who are interested in joining me. This month, as you all know by now, we are ALL about Harry Potter, so we decided to focus on HP specific topics. This week we are talking about our most treasured Hogwarts professors. 


This was a VERY hard choice for me to make. There are so many wonderful teachers at Hogwarts. My favorite, by far, is Minerva McGonagall.  But since Tammy stole her (just kidding) I will go with my second pick; Rubeus Hagrid. 

Do we know anyone else as excited about being a professor? I don't think so! And who else would assign books that bite? I thought that was hilarious. But seriously, Hagrid would go to hell and back for Dumbledore and Harry;quite literally do anything for either of them and that's a very special thing in my opinion. Also, he loves his subject so very much. He puts all of himself into his job and I think that's how it should be. I think Hagrid is one of the best characters in the series, hands down. And really, everyone needs a Hagrid in their life; that close family friend/uncle or grandfather who is ALWAYS there when you need them.  Also, he's a LOT smarter than people give him credit for. 

"Some say he died. Codswallop, in my opinion. Dunno if he had enough human left in him to die."

Robbie Coltrane was brilliant as Hagrid, in my opinion. There is no one else who could have portrayed him so well.  These are just a few reasons why Hagrid is my most treasured Hogwarts professor. 
Honestly? Can I just say probably the most obvious answer ever, here? I mean, we’re talking a Hogwarts Professor for goodness sake, and I will admit; I love my Snape and McGonagall and Hagrid (I love Hagrid :3) but my most treasured easily has to be…

…Albus Dumbledore. 

He is the perfect mix of all that is awesome in the world. He’s intelligent, he’s humble, he’s friggin’ hilarious and he has said more life-lessons than any other book-character I’ve read about.

And seriously, how can y’all NOT love a character that came up with lines like;

“It’s a good thing it’s so dark. I haven’t blushed this hard since Madam Pomfrey said she liked my new earmuffs.”

“I’d like to say a few words: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!”

“One can never have too many socks. Another Christmas come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People do insist upon giving me books…” 


With such a dramatic and serious book, it is really nice to have a good, funny line every once and a while. (And you gotta love a man who points out socks can indeed be a wonderful gift.)

Another thing. I have to say, I liked this recasting. Mind you, I HATE IT when movies have an actor for so many movies, and then BANG, new guy/girl. No, I don’t care what reasoning there is; I never like it (I sound heartless but really, I get attached to these people). But. The new casting actually was more the Dumbledore I was seeing in my head as I was reading… He seemed brighter, not as innocent, like he had indeed seen some things one can’t easily forget. I loved this J

And even though his story doesn’t end with an “Approved by Lana” sticker, he has said things before to help me get through it… Sorta. I’m kind of agreeing with my mother who thinks Dumbledore is off hiding on an island somewhere for vacation and will return sooner or later. Don’t try to tell me different!

“After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”

Albus Dumbledore, while the obvious choice when people say “Hogwarts” is my most treasured and always will be. <3

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. Remember that.”







 Professor Minerva McGonagall, hands down!  I especially like her in the final movie.  Oh, and when she produces the tongue twister for all the stutterers!  “Take Mister Finnigan with you, as I recall he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics!!”  “Blow it up Miss.”  “yes”  “boom”  “BOOM!”  And then she awakens the Hogwarts Army “I’ve always wanted to do that spell!”  She is an enchanting part of every movie and does not disappoint in the end. 



2 comments:

  1. I can't say Dumbledore because he was the headmaster really and no longer an active professor! I loved Hagrid and Snape because they were such great characters, as was lupin! however I feel that my favorite and most valued teacher was and is Minerva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too! Hagrid is a good second choice, though, I thought :)

      Delete

We love to hear from you!