Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Author Appreciation Day 11: Miss Amazing Alexandra Adornetto

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Author Appreciation Day 11: Miss Amazing Alexandra Adornetto


Author Appreciation Day 11 goes to Miss Alexandra Adornetto


Alexandra Adornetto is the author Halo, Hades and Heaven, and The Strangest Adventures trilogy. She lives in Australia, and is turning 20 this year.

I found Alexandra's first book at Borders (queue the crying), and saw YELLOW. Seriously, people, I've noticed covers have a lot to do with how I pick up books.

Anyway. I thought her novel, Halo, sounded interesting, so I decided to give it a try. I am now addicted to this book. And I'm the poor girl who is in love with the guy who will never feel emotion (Hi Gabe).

Oh, well, enough of my wishing. Onto the story.


Halo is a story of three angels who are on Earth in an attempt to bring good to a world beginning to be attacked by darkness. Gabriel, Ivy and Bethany. The story is in Bethany's perspective, so she is the one you hear the most from.

The triangle of this story is between Beth, the boy who is causing her to be more and more human, Xavier, and a dark and mysterious boy named Jake. Personally, I like Jake, but...I love the bad boys, hello?

The story speaks with...not really religion, but there is a lot of speak of Heaven and Hell and the like. I didn't mind at all, but I know some people are sensitive, so I thought I would throw it out there? Pfft. I think you should read this regardless!



I won't lie; I have not gotten to Hades yet. From what I have heard, Bethany gets herself into a motorcycle ride leading her to Hell. Dang, right? I cannot wait to get to this! And yes, I will admit, I am very much looking forward to some Jake/Beth action which I am hoping for.

Heaven is the final book in the Halo Trilogy, and is expected out sometime this year.



Alexandra has also written a trilogy that, I believe, has only been published in Australia. I am currently trying to get my hands on this, and I'm very hopeful to be able to! The story looks quite promising, and I am a fan of Alexandra already. 

Needless to say, I will definitely be a fan of Miss Adornetto for years to come! 

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!