Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Author Appreciation Day 12: The Magnificence That Is Becca Fitzpatrick

Monday, March 12, 2012

Author Appreciation Day 12: The Magnificence That Is Becca Fitzpatrick


Author Appreciation Day 12 goes to Becca Fitzpatrick! <3



Becca Fitzpatrick is the author of the Hush, Hush series, and she has a short story in Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Stories of Paranormal Love. I've had the pleasure of conversing with Becca on a few occasions, and I am not afraid to tell you she is one of the nicest people I've ever met.


I saw Hush, Hush when I was in a King Soopers (Or Krogers, depending on where in the country you are) with my dad. He's used to me going, "Hold on a sec!" when we walk down these aisles, and it was the case here. Rarely do black covers catch my attention but this one did (turns out Becca had a lot to do with this cover!). I read the summary and the Meet The Author on both flaps, and ended up buying it, seeing how I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket (ha!).

I finished Hush, Hush in two weeks, I think. And considering I read books by the ton, this is outstanding for me. Hehe.

Anyway. The novel is about a girl named Nora, who meets a mysterious boy named Patch. Patch, we come to find to find out, is a fallen angel, and totally gorgeous. I seriously want a Patch, Becca wrote him so well I felt like I was Nora, there with this...Ugh. I can't even describe Patch, I love him so much.



I'm about halfway through with Crescendo now, and I am once again in the mind of Nora Grey. And I very much enjoy the dreams in the beginning, because...hello, Patch. That's all I can say because I don't want to spoil anything. 


Since I have not finished Crescendo, it is pretty obvious I have not gotten to Silence yet. But I did get to go to a book signing thanks to Mel (Thank you, again!) and found out that, after the forth novel in the Hush, Hush series, Finale, is published (I am having trouble believing it's really ending...) she is going to take a swim in the Contemporary Pool. I won't share the spoilers because I'm not sure if they are meant to be made public yet, or if she was just sharing with us at The Tattered Cover, but I will say I am very much looking forward to it!

I know I've said it about everyone I've written a post for this month, but it is very true again that I will be following Becca along her road as an author, and I look forward to the trip! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!