Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Author Appreciation Day 13: The Always Hilarious Jennifer Crusie

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Author Appreciation Day 13: The Always Hilarious Jennifer Crusie

Today our spotlight is on the amazingly talented Jennifer Crusie. For those of you who don't know, she writes fantastic romance novels for adults. I absolutely adore her. 
Jennifer Crusie
I stumbled across 'Welcome To Temptation' at my local Wal Mart and the cover immediately caught my eye. Then I read the back and saw the price ($3.99!) & I decided to give it a whirl. I devoured this book in an afternoon and laughed out loud throughout the story. The characters were real and funny and immensely likable.  I went to Borders and grabbed a copy of all her books I could find. I know there are a lot of romance novels out there, but Crusie really sets herself apart with her wit and humor. And her stories have a plot to go along with the hunky guys and steamy scenes. 
Bet Me on Amazon.com
Minerva Dobbs knows all about risk management, which is why it’s such a shock when David, her extremely logical choice for a boyfriend, dumps her three weeks before her perfect sister’s wedding: David was not supposed to be a wild card. So when Min overhears David make a bet with his old nemesis—the gorgeous and successful Calvin Morrisey—that Cal can’t get Min into bed in a month, she decides that fate has just handed her a stacked deck: she can make Cal sweat his sex appeal and get a date to the wedding, if she plays along and doesn’t fold. What follows is a novel of destiny, chaos theory, Krispy Kreme donuts, the spirit of Elvis, Chicken Marsala, and a gamble for the highest stake of all: true love.
'Bet Me' is hands down, my favorite novel by Jennifer Crusie. It's so sweet and funny & I just adored it. I make a point of rereading it at least once every few months. If you love romance novels, you just HAVE to read Crusie's work! I promise you won't be sorry. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!