Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Author Appreciation Day 14:The Marvelous Melissa Marr

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Author Appreciation Day 14:The Marvelous Melissa Marr

Today we pay homage to the wonderfully wicked Melissa Marr. She is the author of the amazing Wicked Lovely  young adult series & the adult novel, Graveminder. If you haven't read her work, you are seriously missing out. 
Melissa Marr

I actually found out about Melissa Marr through the House of Night series by P.C and Kristen Cast. Zoey, the main character, would talk about her books sometimes. Then I was in the book store one day and saw Wicked Lovely and just the cover alone would have made me buy it. But then I read the synopsis and I was hooked. Marr writes in an almost poetic style and she weaves a story that grips you and doesn't let go. I also love that you don't always see the typical 'happy' ending in her stories. Her characters are vicious, sweet and many layered beings who enthrall you. You can't always see a bad guy and a hero, they all have the capability to be both in her world.
I also love that Melissa interacts with her fans through social media. If you follow her on twitter and reply to one of her tweets, it's been my experience that she'll respond back. I don't know about anyone else, but that always makes me happy. Knowing that these authors we love so much listen to us, it just makes me giddy sometimes. 
Faerytales & Nightmares on Amazon.com
The new anthology Faerytales & Nightmares came out in February. Be sure to check it out! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!