Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: The Boyfriend Bylaws by Susan Hatler: Review

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Boyfriend Bylaws by Susan Hatler: Review

Melanie Porter has been dumped-again. When others accuse her of "being in love with being in love," she agrees to let her best friend, Patti, step in and direct her dating life with The Boyfriend Bylaws.

Rule #1: No giving out your phone number until approved to do so.

Rule #2: Must obtain permission to accept any date invitation.

Rule #3: No bringing up marriage, kids or the future.

Rule #4: No going to first base without authorization.

Amended Rule #4: No going to first base, or any other base, without authorization.

Rule #5: No scribbling your first name with some guy's last name. Ever.

Rule #6: New rules may be added as Patti Hartley deems necessary.

Memorize it, live by it, and happy dating!

(from Goodreads)

The Boyfriend Bylaws is the first book in the Totally Fit series by Susan Hatler. I have to say, I can't get enough of good books with great romance in them. When I heard about this book, I knew I just had to read it. The synopsis really appealed to me; a girl's best friend taking her love life in hand to keep her from making further mistakes, it sounded fantastic. Susan Hatler did not disappoint!

I flew through this book in no time at all, I was just hooked! I love Hatler's writing style; the humor really helps to make her story stand out from others in its genre. Our main character, Melanie is your typical girl in love with being in love.She never really thinks about how she really feels as she goes through men at a staggering pace, each one leaving her a little more hurt and confused. It's an endless and draining cycle, for sure.

 My favorite part of this book was Melanie's best friend, Patti. Not only did she step in to save Melanie from herself, she had sass and a quirkiness I love. This was a really fun, quick read and I can't wait to read the rest of Ms. Hatler's work!

My Rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!