Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Review: Girl, Stolen by April Henry

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Review: Girl, Stolen by April Henry

Girl, Stolen
April Henry
Published: September 28th, 2012, by Henry Holt and Co.
Sixteen-year-old Cheyenne Wilder is sleeping in the back of the car while her stepmom fills a prescription for antibiotics. Before Cheyenne realizes what's happening, the car is being stolen. 

Griffin hadn't meant to kidnap Cheyenne and once he finds out that not only does she have pneumonia, but that's she's blind, he really doesn't know what to do. When his dad finds out that Cheyenne's father is the president of a powerful corporation, everything changes- now there's a reason to keep her.

How will Cheyenne survive this nightmare?



I bought Girl, Stolen I have no idea how many years ago from Barnes & Noble, and my very-slow-reading-self has finally finished it after owning it forevER. Don't get discouraged- the lengthly time it took me to read it has nothing to do with the quality of the book. 


Girl, Stolen is about a girl, Cheyenne, who's the daughter of the president of Nike. She is also blind. And has pneumonia. And she has been accidentally kidnapped by a carjacker. This sounds about as ludicrous as it gets, but the novel, in all actuality, drug me in and kept my attention from the start to finish, even if my genius self lost the book under the bed and found it early this year. *duh*


The novel is filled with suspense and tension, all the while teasing you with Griffin's concern for Cheyenne's wellbeing. I don't think I imagined the feelings there, but I have a pretty strong head-canon, so I'd form your own opinions about this one.


What I truly loved was how well Henry depicted Cheyenne. It didn't seem fake or overdramatized, her blindness, even if her pneumonia, I believe, wasn't mentioned as urgently as it should have been. Maybe I am a dramahog and don't know how much is too much, but this seemed like something you'd fret about more than some lunatic trying to bribe money out of your dad... Just saying.


Overall I think this was great. Terrifying and blunt, this will definitely be something I reread many times!



My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!