Quantcast
Girls*Heart* Books: Friday Fever

Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Fever

Lana and I have decided to start a new feature here at Girls *Heart* Books, it's called Friday Fever. Every Friday we will showcase one of our favorite steamy and/or romantic scenes from the YA & New Adult universe. You know the ones we are talking about; those that get your pulse thumping and your temperature rising. Enjoy.

 Lana and I are both a teensy bit obsessed with Forsaken by Kristen Day. When discussing what steamy scenes we wanted to feature this week, we both immediately said "that really hot scene from Forsaken" Then we realized we were talking about two separate scenes and decided we love you guys enough to share them BOTH.  So, here are our picks for this week! 


“Anastasia…” he whispered. I heard the longing in his voice as he lightly ran his thumb over my lips. His eyes took me in and with no fight left, I gave in to them. The smell of the salt water that clung to his body filled my senses and I let the sound of the ocean caress my ears. He leaned closer, holding my gaze. His closeness made my anger evaporate, replaced by a desire so strong, it threatened to consume me. All I could think about were his lips, inches from my own.
“Kiss me…” I heard myself whisper. His other arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me to him abruptly. The next instant his mouth crushed mine with such hunger, my own desire overpowered me and I was lost in it. I wrapped my arms around his neck as the heat of his skin burned against mine. The coolness of his wet hair sizzled in my fingers as I clung to him. His lips parted mine as I felt his tongue deepening the kiss. It did something to me I had no control over. I wanted more. I wanted all of him. Still kissing me, he easily lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He carried me farther up toward the dunes and I could feel the muscles in his shoulders as he lowered me down onto the cool sand. He gazed down at me with stormy, hooded eyes and I saw a trace of sadness in them again. He looked at war with himself, but finally pressed down on top of me, slipping one arm under the small of my back, pulling me against him again. My entire body responded to his touch. I ran my fingertips down his back and felt him shudder. Every kiss burned hotter than the one before. Every touch lit a new fire on my skin. (Kindle location 1481)
**************************************************************
Suddenly, he cloaked us and we were covered with sparkles from head to toe. Finn stopped dancing abruptly and pulled me close; his intentions clear in his hooded eyes. An emotional frenzy sparked inside me and my breath came faster as he leaned in ever so slowly. His mouth brushed mine lightly, enticing me. I grinned and took the bait, kissing his bottom lip, and then biting it gently before pulling back. Taking my challenge, he delicately kissed the skin beneath my ear down to my collarbone. Goose bumps raised on my skin as every sensation became heightened. Couples danced around us, completely oblivious that we were making out right in front of them. The thought sent a thrill through me. He touched my necklace, looking at me with warmth.

“It looks magnificent on you,” he said in a low voice and a thought occurred to me.

“How did you know it would match my dress?” A forced whisper was all I could manage. 

He paused, his eyes filled with desire, “You aren’t the only one with foresight, Pasha.” My eyes widened, but before I could respond, he kissed me with a searing urgency that made my entire body ache with longing. He broke our kiss, grabbed my hand and led me towards the same door we had entered through earlier. He pulled me down a different hallway and we fell against a wall. I was trapped against it from the pressure of his body on mine. The flame burning inside me threatened to explode into a raging inferno, as his hands seemed to be everywhere at once. (Kindle location 2943)

Wow that is just HOT! And it gets better but we can't give everything away, now can we?  
&



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!